Hardware video conference refers to a video conference communication method based on an embedded Linux operating system, mainly using H.320 and H.323 protocol standards, and relying on DSP + embedded (embedded Linux) software to achieve video and audio processing, network communication, and various conferencing functions.
1. Hardware video conferencing
Hardware video conferencing requires Specialized hardware equipment terminals to realize remote video conferencing, mainly including embedded Linux MCU, conference room terminals, desktop terminals, etc. types of equipment. The MCU is deployed in the network center which is responsible for the stream processing & forwarding; The conference room terminal is deployed in the conference room interconnected with peripheral devices such as cameras, microphones, TV sets, and projection screens, etc.
Hardware video conferencing advantages: Once the device is deployed, it is very stable, and barely occurs disconnection or freeze (if occurs freeze, the network bandwidth needs to be increased). System equipment is deployed locally with good confidentiality.
Disadvantages: the initial investment cost of private broadband is very high, the access devices’ maximum number is limited, and the later expansion is difficult.
2. Software video conference
Different from hardware video conference, software video conference is a video communication model based on PC architecture, which mainly relies on the CPU to process video and audio codecs. Video capture relies on a USB camera, video capture card with PCI interface + external camera. Although the system stability is lower than that of hardware terminals, the advantages are low cost and flexible deployment. As long as the device can be connected to the Internet, it can be used.
After COVID-19 in 2020, video conferencing requirements in major enterprises have exploded. For meeting the enterprise-level application requirements, the video conferencing system has changed from the traditional hardware-based video conferencing pattern to a situation in which software video conferencing and hardware video conferencing are equally divided for their characteristics.
3. Choose Hardware Video Conferencing or Software Video Conferencing
Generally, high-level executives (first-level units + second-level units) of large-scale enterprises, governments, energy, electricity, financial insurance, and other industries prefer to choose hardware video conferencing. Although the cost is high, with the gradual emphasis on internet security in recent years, such large and medium-sized enterprises have also begun to transform and upgrade the video conferencing system of their subordinate companies/units to ensure the security and stability of the system.
Ordinary small and medium-sized enterprises will prefer to choose more cost-effective software video conferencing because of the consideration of cost control. Especially in the recent two years, the new lease operation model has developed rapidly in the market.
Whether it is a hardware video conference or a software video conference, to enhance the video picture effect, the conference terminal camera uses a dedicated high-definition camera to achieve a realistic presentation of the face and the environment. The remote meeting has the effect of face-to-face communication. The professionalism of Eyqoo conference cameras has won a lot of praise in the AV area.
- Full real-time, full high-definition screen, enabling “face-to-face” eye contact with all parties in the meeting;
- AAC broadband voice, so that participants can enjoy the theater-level sound quality;
- Support multiple networking modes (network modes), cloud conference, hardware MCU conference, built-in MCU conference, and VPN private network;
- Great interoperability and compatibility, can communicate with various mainstream video conferencing equipment terminals;
- High network adaptability and fault tolerance rate, with FEC proprietary technology-enabled. Packet loss within 20% does not affect the system operation. The meeting can still be carried out normally even though with a 25% packet loss.